Creosote is highly flammable. This is also commonly known as soot. Here is soot that The Original Chimney Sweep removed from a fireplace. Do not leave soot in your fireplace. It is filled with noxious gases which is harmful.
"What incredible service from The Original Chimney Sweep! Bruce and Kenneth came this afternoon to do two chimneys and were legendary! So knowledgeable, professional and they worked with absolutely no mess. My 20 month old fell in love with them, too. And tonight, our fireplace is working beautiful - no smoke! Highly recommended! "- Kirsten, Meadowridge
"The most punctual, polite, courteous and nice-to-deal-with contractors that have come to our house in a while!!! I will definitely recommend and use them again going forward. "- Andreas, Hout Bay
"Fantastic service!! This is the second time we have used this company and each time I am amazed by what a brilliant job they do. Always very punctual and very friendly staff - both the gentlemen who clean the chimney and the lady at reception. Thank you!" - Monique, Tokai
"Ian you are and your crew are remarkable!! My pizza ovens both in Camps Bay and Green point works amazingly! I highly recommend The Original Chimney Sweep." - Anthony, Fresnaye
"This chimney sweepers really came through for me. Previously had a chimney that would not work. Now I have a fantastic fireplace complete with accessories. Great work Ian. I will recommend this company to all our mates. Thank you very much. Best regards Liz and Bill Smuts. x" - Liz Smuts, Gordons Bay